Solectek Corporation is a profitable, leading-edge provider of broadband wireless networking equipment in both unlicensed and licensed frequency bands. Our growing success is based on the ability to create, market, sell and support leading edge technology at competitive prices. We are looking for world class engineers to help us grow in this burgeoning field.
Principal Duties :
- Manage day-to-day activities in the SW development activities .
- Design code and algorithm architectures for new functions and product platforms .
- Prioritize and delegate coding, testing and review activities within the SW department .
- Select and manage SW development tools and environments..
- Participate in the design of early stage, and critical sections of code.
- Represent SW activities to Sales, Operations and Field Engineering.
- Conduct SW architecture and code reviews .
- Define future product architecture and features with others in Engineering and Sales / Marketing .
- Manage issues database; co-ordinate issue resolution .
- Communicate with customers to ascertain possible SW problems .
This is a hands-on position. While management activities represent a portion of the job, actual code writing, reviewing and testing makes up a majority of the daily work.
Solectek is a small company that greatly values individual initiative. The above duties are a small subset of the responsibility and scope that a person with the right knowledge, aptitude and attitude can expect to attain.
- BSCS or BSCE from an accredited university. MSCS preferred.
- Minimum 4-5 years relevant experience in the design, testing, and debugging of embedded, C based SW systems.
- Demonstrated system architect experience.
- Experience working on embedded telecom devices strongly preferred. Experience working with wireless networking gear a plus.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP stack architecture and design. Experience with IP bridging and routing preferred.
- Experience working with RTOSs. Experience with embedded Linux OS is a big plus.
- Experience with 802.11 and 802.16 system MAC layer protocols is a big plus.
- Hands-on experience debugging complex SW problems and SW/HW interactions.
- Good knowledge of embedded hardware components and interfaces: uP, SDRAM, Flash, Network MAC/PHY chips, etc.
- Demonstrated capacity for logical, data-driven problem solving.
- Ability to drive difficult issues to a successful completion.
- Excellent documentation skills for maintaining Issues List, Status and Plans/Schedule.
About Solectek Corporation:
Solectek Corporation manufactures long-range broadband wireless products used to transmit voice, data and video. Founded in 1989 in San Diego, CA, the company is a pioneer in point-to-point and point-to-multipoint systems in the unlicensed and licensed frequency bands. Since 1998, Solectek has been owned by an international conglomerate with holdings in electronics, real estate, construction and other diversified industries. Solectek has installations in more than 90 countries and is a Principal Member of the WiMAX Forum.