Purpose of Position:
To participate in Solectek Corporation's test and validation processes for new broadband wireless system products. Test Engineers perform a vital function in the product development life cycle.
- Testing of wireless communication products – software and hardware
- Participate in the creation of test plans and test cases.
- Ensures that product performs to specifications.
- Performs system, hardware and software testing and writes modification requests to correct software bugs, hardware defects, and system failures. Assists with compliance and sustaining testing.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of the systems.
- Write technical reports describing test results.
- Plan and perform test automations.
There are no managerial duties with this job. Test engineers are expected to form part of the team and are often asked to perform individual tasks on their own. The work involves frequent communications with engineering managers, design engineers, and systems engineers.
- 4 year technical degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering desired.
- Prior test engineering experience desired.
- Prior Electronic, LAN, or RF Technician work experience required.
- Good computer skills required (PC, MS software, Internet knowledge, etc)
- MSCE or Cisco certification is a plus.
- Good command of linux OS is strongly preferred.
- Bash scripting and other scripting languages are a plus
- good knowledge of TCP/IP networks is a preferred
- Computer programming skills are a plus. C/VB/Pearl.
- Must be familiar with configuration and software installation of PC and Windows.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Overtime may be required at times.